Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default Find Numeric data

"RobWN" wrote...
I know I can write a function to do it but what I was really asking is
there anything I can do with the built in "Find" function.

You're using ambiguous (or just plain wrong) terminology. You seem to mean
the Edit Find command. Yes, at least in Excel 2003 and presumably 2007 and
maybe in earlier versions, but it requires using options. Specifically, to
find the integer numeric value 79, you need to change the 'Look in' option
to Values, you need to check 'Match entire cell contents', and you need to
enter 79 (no sign character, no decimal point or deciman places) as 'Find
what'.