Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Tevuna Tevuna is offline

Default Find Numeric data

Wasn't I using the built-in FIND funciton?
You can't search for more than one character at once, and you can't search
for a number value. Just characters

"RobWN" wrote:

Thanks Tevuna;
I know I can write a function to do it but what I was really asking is there anything I can do
with the built in "Find" function.
--
Regards
Rob
"Tevuna" wrote in message
Try this:
=ISERROR(FIND(7,A1)=FIND(9,A1,FIND(7,A1)+1)-1)=FALSE

"RobWN" wrote:

Is there any way to get the Find function to locate numeric values?
i.e. cells are formatted as Numbers with a comma separator for thousands and brackets for
negative values.
ex 1,079.00
A search for 79.00 returns any cell with 79.00 (179.00), 1,079.00 etc.

If I try an exact match (Match Entire Cell Contents) it finds nothing - I'm assuming because
of
the sign byte.

--
Regards