Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Conditional Summing

rICH,

a bit lacking on detail but this checks rows 2 - 6 of columns A & B &C for
values and if it fins then sums column D.

=SUMPRODUCT((A2:A6="abc")*(B2:B6="def")*(C2:C6="gh y")*(D2:D6))

Mike

"Rich D" wrote:

I have a worksheet with multiple columns. I want to add all the values in
the amount column that equal certain information in 3 of the other
columns...in other words, if an invoice pertains to a specific job and
specific phase number and is marked x in the Paid column, I want to include
that amount in the sum. Any help would be appreciated. I've done it (I
think) the way the book says, but to no avail.
--
Rich D
Armstrong Custom Homes