Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
betany70 betany70 is offline

Default External Links in Excel 2007

Hi Folks -
We are using external links to create a grading sheet for instructors to
populate student names, dates, other text data. (Our school's database
exports this information into a csv file based on a query) Most of our staff
neither knows nor cares how it works - unfortunately I am having a heck of a
time getting the links to update without opening the source file and fear
that staff will become frustrated and not use the tool.

1. I get the Security Warning in the status bar stating that Automatic
update of links has been disabled. Once I clear that

2. I get a message stating: Excel cannot update one or more links in this
workbook. To update the links, open all the link source files and press F9
to update calculations

Is there a way to disable this and update the links automatically, and will
it make our network admins crazy (meaning does it leave the door open to
bigger problems).

Thanks!!!!!!