hawkeye uk

Default Working out UK tax

ive set up a spreadsheet to calculate my income per week. I now would like
to make my tax and national insurance boxes to be calculated automatically.
meaning all im required to do is type in my hours worked for that week.

The problem is finding a formula that can do this. The UK tax and national
insurance is directly proportional to how much you earn. Not one fixed
percentage.

Let me show us some numbers: -

Payslip 1

Total Pay = 297.62
Tax = 40.65 = 13.7%
N.I = 22.73 = 7.6%

Payslip 2

Total Pay = 242.63
Tax = 28.56 = 11.77%
N.I = 16.67 = 6.87%

as you can see the percentage increases with the wage so id like to know how
to get around this. all i want to be able to do is type in my hours worked
for that week. then that and my hourly rate shou,d do the rest of the work

i dont know if ive expplained this too well or if you may need more
information to possibly help me. but id really appreciate any feedback.

I can email my spreadsheet if anybody is willing to take a look at it. give
me a few pointers on how to do it differently

take care all

rob day