Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Least Squares Regression ST. Dev.

Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:46:00 -0700 from Kris@CEC
:
I created a graph and then a trendline to get the slope of the line and then
used m to determine another value which would be constant for all data in
that data set (least squares regression). HOWEVER, I also have to find the
mean and st. dev. for this data. I know the mean is obviously the same at
the constant,

What you "know" is not true. The mean is generally not equal to the y
intercept.

but what is the standard deviation

See the AVERAGE and STDEV functions.

--
"First prove what you're saying, then whine about it."
-- /The People's Court/