Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Emerogork Emerogork is offline

Default Format a TIME image in a cell

I want a real simple display of time in a cell. I am making a sheet to show
the schedule of times for employees. When 7:00am is entered, I want just a 7
to appear. Same goes for 3:00pm, it is to show just the number 3.. I still
want to be able to calculate the numbers of hours from this cell so it has to
use the original value in the cell ( 7:00am to 3:00pm is 8 hours.)

In a different case, I wish to insert the start time (7am) and then enter the
number of hours assigned (8). The cell for the "time assigned cell" is to
show the time the employee is leaving (3).

No one works anything other than either 4 or 8 hour shifts and everyone
starts on the hour. No minute values are ever needed.

Emerogork