Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
TC TC is offline

Default does ctrl f select cells randomly?

I am doing statistical analysis and as part of explaining my research
methodology I have to clarify my sampling method. I selected my sample from a
large spreadsheet by using the ctrl f tool to look for care homes within
different geographical areas. the first home that came up for that area i
selected and entered into my sample. My supervisor is asking whether this was
random sampling ie how does ctrl f come up with its selection? alphabetically
or the first one it comes across in that spreadsheet or by some other
method? Can anyone help?
Thanks