Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Kris@CEC Kris@CEC is offline

Default Least Squares Regression ST. Dev.

I created a graph and then a trendline to get the slope of the line and then
used m to determine another value which would be constant for all data in
that data set (least squares regression). HOWEVER, I also have to find the
mean and st. dev. for this data. I know the mean is obviously the same at
the constant, but what is the standard deviation and how do i calculate that
off the chart (I'm assuming i do since it seems my only option as i'll always
get 0 in the numerator in the st. dev. function).