Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
doral doral is offline

Default Can I create a macro that works like the "find' function

Yea, nothing is working.

Thanks though.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

Not sure what you need but if all you want is to select a sheet.

You could use sheet event code to go to the sheet required when you select a
value from the DV dropdown list.

If Target.Address = "$C$1" And Target.Value < "" Then
Select Case Target.Value
Case "a"
Sheets("a").Activate
Case "b"
Sheets("b").Activate
Case "c"
Sheets("c").Activate
End Select

Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code". Copy/paste the code into that
sheet module.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 23 Aug 2007 06:54:32 -0700, doral
wrote:

Yes, but I don't think I'm assigning the macro correctly. This is what I
did. a1=a, a2=b, a3=c, a4=d. Then I went data, validate and made a drop
down list in c1 with the values a through d. So how do I get that macro to
run off the drop down? Thanks