Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Calculating Time

Your're very welcome

--
Rgards,

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Secret Squirrel" wrote in
message ...
Thank you very much Sandy!

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

Secret Squirrel"

For times that do or could cross midnight use:

=Mod(C2-B2,1)

or

=C2-B2+(C2<B2)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Secret Squirrel" wrote in
message ...
I have a spreadsheet with 2 columns. The first column is the start time
and
the second is the end time. They are shown in military time. I want to
calculate the difference between the two so I can get hours worked but
when
the time overlaps days I get no result. For example if a worker started
at
16:00 (4:00pm) and ended at 01:18 (1:18am) I get no result. Why is
that?
It
seems to work on calculations that do not overlap into the next day.