Michael Link

Default Operators With Times

I have a cell (call it A1) containing a date/time stamp of the format =
mm/dd/
yy hh:mm AM/PM. I'm trying to conditionally format a second cell so that =
it=20
turns yellow when the time in the first cell is after (say) 12 noon. In =
the=20
conditional formatting box for the second cell I've tried entering the =
formula

=3DA1"12:00"

but the format never kicks in. I thought maybe there was an issue with =
the=20
date/time formatting in A1 (you know, that maybe the conditional=20
formatting formula might work if A1 contained ONLY a time), but=20
reformatting A1 to show only a time didn't help either. (And in any =
event, A1=20
really needs to have the format I've mentioned.)=20

Does anyone know if the usual <,,=3D operators simply don't work with=20
times? If so, might there be any workarounds? Thanks!