Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default lookup and extract

You can not filter to another sheet

If using the advanced filter you can filter to a different sheet *if* you
start the process from the different sheet.

Suppose you have this list of names on Sheet1 in the range A1:A5

Name
Biff
Biff
Max
Tevuna

You want to extract the uniques with a filter to Sheet2 starting in cell A1.

Navigate to Sheet2
Goto the menu DataFilterAdvanced filter
Select: Copy to another location
List range: Sheet1!A1:A5
Copy to: A1
Select: Unique records only
OK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tevuna" wrote in message
Sorry I was mislead by your phrasing.. You can not filter to another sheet
Try a new column in sheet1. Or look here

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...&lang=en&cr=US

"Donald B" wrote:

ok, I have multiple names I need to extract along with all the data on
the
same row to another sheet. These names will appear multiple times.

There's about 2 hundred of these I do daily. Again I need to focus only
on
the names which one person's name could apear 10-20 times in any order
and I
need all the data associated with in the row to move to another sheet.

ex:
djones red bike
marce green shoes
phaul red gloves