Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harlan Grove[_2_] Harlan Grove[_2_] is offline

Default Excel 2007 PivotTable Question

"Dale Howard [MVP]" <dale(dot)howard(at)msprojecexperts(dot)com wrote...
As a Microsoft Project MVP, a question that generates no replies usually
means that what the user wants to do in Microsoft Project simply cannot be
done. I would be grateful if an Excel MVP would simply tell me that what
I want to do is not possible. Any takers?

Whine, whine.

In the Excel newsgroups nearly all questions are answered. Those that don't
usually don't because it doesn't look like they need to be. When someone
posts with [MVP] in their 'From' tag, most readers would assume that posting
is a response, so an answer, to a question, and so move on to other
questions. You may want to consider dropping the [MVP] when posting to
newsgroups other than those for MS Project.

"Dale Howard [MVP]" <dale(dot)howard(at)msprojecexperts(dot)com wrote in

When I select this option and then select multiple items on the pick list,
I assumed that Excel would do an "And" filter with these multiple selected
items, but discovered that it does an "Or" filter instead. Does anyone
know of a way to change this functionality, so that selecting multiple
items forces an "And" filter and not an "Or" filter? Thanks in advance
for your help! :)

Multiple selections apply to each field separately/individually, they're
simple matches against what's already in the table that generates the pivot
table, and they mean AND in the 'in addition to' sense. For example,
selecting 1st and 2nd quarters from a Fiscal_Period field which means pull
data from both the 1st and 2nd quarters, not pull records that are from the
1st and simultaneously from the 2nd quarters (an empty set).

Or do you mean this for multiple fields in combination?