Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom Peo Sjoblom is offline

Default SUMIFS and OR

=SUM(SUMIF(A2:A100,{"WE","US","RU"},B2:B100))

adapt the ranges to fit accordingly

Peo Sjoblom

"M.S. Westerbeek" wrote in message

How do i combine SUMIFS with the OR-function? I need to check a column
(turnovers) against multiple criteria (columns): date1, date2, status,
country, region.

As long as the criteria has one possible value, no problem (this is the
case
with date1&2, status and country).

But, for the criteria "Region" i need to determine whether it meets
multiple
criteria ("sum if" region=WE "OR" region=US "OR" region=RU).

I tried to include the OR-function (like i use the "greater then" symbol:
""&). I would prefer not to use multiple SUMIFS, because then i get an
enourmous long formula.

Anybody any advice? Thanks in advance!!