Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie David McRitchie is offline

Default How to format sheet to show first box whilst tabbing across sheet

Hi Trish
To freeze the first column and the first row, select cell B2 then use
Window (menu), freeze

In Excel 2007 it is View, Freeze panes

You might want to take a look at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm

--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"Trish" wrote in message
I have never used excel to any great extent but can find my way around
simple
tasks. However, I have one workbook which had 1 sheet of names in column
A,
addresses in column B and other information going across to column y.
When I
tab across I can still see the info in column A but the info in the column
am in is now viewed next to column A. I have added a sheet to this
workbook
with similar information but when I tab across the view of the column A
goes
off the screen. Can anyone help?