Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Default What does [Group] mean after my document name at top of page?

Hi,

This means that you Worksheet are grouped.

To group worksheets:

Press the Shift key and click the last sheet tab. All the worksheet in the
workbook will be grouped or you can press the Ctrl key and only those
workseeht in the workbook you want to group. When you group the worksheet the
Excel workbook will display as filename.xls [Group]

To ungroup your worksheets

right-click on the worksheet that is part of the grouped worksheet and
select Ungrouped sheets. When you ungroup the worksheet the Excel workbook
will display only the filename.xls.

Challa Prabhu

"Tecno Illiterate" wrote:

The top of my screen says the name of the doc, then [Group]. It won't allow
me to insert symbols into my spreadsheet. I've tried to re-save it as
different names, etc. but they all still come up with this [Group] thing. Any
ideas?