Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Steve Steve is offline

Default concatenate, char(10), and double quotes

I never thought to try MS Word Dave; that's good thinking. I always use a
plain text editor so I don't have to worry about funky formats. The fact that
the quotes don't show up in MS Word indicate (to me) that this is one of
those funky format situations. If that's the case, it would probably be
easiest (in my situation) to live with the quotes and delete them manually or
use MS Word.

While looking for a solution to this bug/feature, I saw a lot of folks
facing the same situation but their circumstances were quite different. They
were trying to generate code (e.g. SQL) whereas this is simply a convenience
issue for me. I'll keep my eye open for a more elegant solution but won't
lose any sleep over it. Thanks again for your input Dave.

.....steve