Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default dumb macro question

Record the macro in the workbook, not Personal.xls or you would have to send
that also.

Unless you have a hard-coded workbook name and/or path in your macro, it should
work on other person's computer.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 14:36:00 -0700, carrera
wrote:

If I record a macro and save it in Personal macros, will it still work if I
email the file to another person? I am going to make it that the macro works
when they click a picture on the worksheet itself.

What if I save the macro in that file and email it to someone....they will
be changing the name of the file, will that disable the macro?