Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael Michael is offline

Default An #N/A returns in Vlookup formula

Two things come to mind:
1.- The lookup table must be sorted by the left most column; therefore I
would try sorting
2.- If there is a blank space after 63311 or before it, the lookup will
fail, what I usually do is:
=Vlookup(Trim(A3),$A$5:$B$5,2,FALSE)

--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Mike" wrote:

For simplicity, I have the following vlookup formula listed below, where the
first number would be in cell A3 and the range I'm trying to find the number
is in cell A5:B5, and the result is in C5. However, I keep getting an #N/A
for my response. I have formatted the entire worksheet and all numbers as a
number and not text. This only happens to several rows in my hugh spreadheet.
The other formulas work. Any idea why this is happening to these several
cells?

63311

63311 40813 #N/A =VLOOKUP(A3,$A$5:$B$5,2,FALSE)

Thanks,
Mike