Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
M.A.Tyler M.A.Tyler is offline

Default Criteria governing "LARGE" function

Works Great
Thanks to all!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

type

=MAX(IF(C1:C20<130,C1:C20))

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message
=MAX(IF(C1:C20<130))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter,
not just Enter.
Excel will automatically enclose the formula in braces (curly brackets),
do not try to do this manually.
When editing the formula, it must again be array-entered.

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"M.A.Tyler" <Great Lakes State wrote in message
I have a column of numbers, and would like to find the "largest number".
However I need it to be less than 130. something like
=LARGE(C1:C20,(1<130)),
I've tried several different things, but nothing really works.
Thanks in advance!

Mike.