Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default EXCEL: How to scan text reversed (like ACCESS: InStrRev)?

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 19:58:01 -0700, 4mula freak
wrote:

I like the simplicity of the 3 line UDF you suggested. Another respondent did
too (JMB). I didn't know about StrReverse() in VBA. But I knew about
InStrRev() in ACCESS database -- it's a directly usable in-formula function
for any ACCESS query. I've not set up a UDF before, but I'll try the HELP
hints on that first.
Thanks for your quick response, Ron! ...Steve

Steve,

To set up a UDF:

<alt-F11 opens the VB Editor
Ensure your project is highlighted in the Project Explorer window, then
Insert/Module and paste the code into the window that opens.

To use the UDF, in some cell on your worksheet, merely enter =Reverse(cell_ref)
(Or =Reverse(string))

To use the UDF in multiple workbooks, I save it as an add-in (.xla) and then
enable that add-in in Excel.

Enjoy.

--ron