Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Paul B[_2_] Paul B[_2_] is offline

Default how do I highlight duplicates cells in excell prior to deletio

Thanks for replying. Ok, I have a worksheet with 5 columns, one of which
shows mobile phone numbers, the other four show time of day of response, date
message etc. These are records from people who have sent in text entries. A
quick scan shows that a number of people have texted in more than once but
with a different message. I want to be able to highlight these duplicate
entries before I decide whether to delete them or not.

clearer?

"Mike H" wrote:

Paul,

This is very vague. Are we talking about highlighting duplicates in 1 or 2
columns or something else?

Mike

"Paul B" wrote:

I don't want to delete them straight away as I found that the new remove
duplicates function has removed entries which were not exact duplicates