Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dale Howard [MVP] Dale Howard [MVP] is offline

Default Excel 2007 PivotTable Question

Excel friends --

I am using Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and created a PivotTable that
includes a field in the Filter Fields drop area. When I click the pick list
button for the field in the Filter Fields drop area, the pick list menu
includes a "Select Multiple Items" option. After selecting this option, I
am able to select multiple items on which to filter using that field. This
option is very cool; however, I have run into a problem. When I select this
option and then select multiple items on the pick list, I assumed that Excel
would do an "And" filter with these multiple selected items, but discovered
that it does an "Or" filter instead. Does anyone know of a way to change
this functionality, so that selecting multiple items forces an "And" filter
and not an "Or" filter? Thanks in advance for your help! :)

--
Dale A. Howard [Microsoft Project MVP]
VP of Educational Services