Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Change background color using conditional formatting

You have to watch for Excel being helpful at times.

Select your cells and FormatCFCell value is:equal to no exceptions noted

Do not add any quotes or Excel will double them up.

Add condition 2 which is:equal to exceptions noted

Ok your way out. If no joy, go back in and see if Excel has added too many
quotes.

The dialog box should contain only ="no exceptions noted"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:52:05 -0700, pfa wrote:

I have a question about conditional formatting. I have cells beginning with
the text "no exceptions noted", and others beginning with the text
"exceptions noted". For "no exceptions noted" I would like conditional
formatting to change the cell to a red background color and, for the other, a
green background color. I tried using conditional formating with cell value
equal to each of the texts (and changing the result to the appropriate
background color) but it didn't work.
Any suggestions?

Thanks!