Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] adambush4242@hotmail.com is offline

Default Macros Causing Workbook to Run Very Slow

Here is a simple example of my code:

Range("AB27:AG27").Select
Selection.Copy
Range("AL27").Select
SkipBlanks _
:=False, Transpose:=False

I also had another development. Today I ran the program on a different
computer with the same processing speed and my entire funtion, which takes
close to a minute on the other computer, took 2 seconds. Can anyone explain
this?

Thanks

Adam Bush

"Tim879" wrote:

I'm not sure how you created your macros (e.g. did you record them or
write them yourself). If you recorded the macro, review the code (hit
ALT+F11) and see if the workbook autosaved while you were recording
the macro. This happened to me once and it took forever for me to find
it, but once I did, the macro went much faster.

As for another way to reorganize the data - you would need to explain
how your data is currently organized before we could comment.

On Aug 15, 4:02 pm,
m wrote:
I have a large workbook with many buttons that run different macros. Mostly
these macros copy and paste infomation for backup, analysis, and later use.
I recently added a new feature that forced me to add many more of these
functions, and now when I push a button, the workbook moves unbearably slow.
Is there any way to speed up the running of these macros or is there a
different way I could set up the page so it doesn't have to copy and paste a
million times?

Thanks in Advance,

Adam Bush