Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctions,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Fred Smith Fred Smith is offline

Default How do you Increment Time by varrying times???

To increment by different intervals, you will need to enter a formula for each,
because Excel will not be able to guess the proper interval.

You can build the increment into the formula, as in:

=a1+time(0,15,0)
=a2+time(0,17,0)
etc.

or, enter the interval in a separate column (say B), then add it to that row's
time, as in:

=a1+b2

which you can then copy down.

Fred

"Crackles McFarly" wrote in message
I'm using, and love it, Excel 97. I want to know how to increment
TIME.

Say I have a few rows, each start at 10:00 AM and I want each to
increment at different intervals. Let's say row 1 is 15 min, row 2 is
17 minutes, row 3 is 60 minutes, row 4 is 75 minutes, etc..etc..

I cannot find documentation about this within Excel NOR on Microsoft's
web site.

Does anyone of you know how to do this? I'd sure appreciate the help.
thanks,