Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default help with formula range

Joel,

Your formula doesn't work on my machine with XL97. I get the same answere
with David Biddulph. To me your formula is not a "bullet proof" and won't
work on all machines.

"Joel" wrote:

This is fully tested. I made sure it was not including the cells in between.
I put data in columns A - E and then included only columns A, C, E and it
did not include b and c in the sum. Why don't you try it.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Joel,

Have you tried that formula putting a value of 3 in one or more of the
intervening cells, such as N12 and/or Y12?
Colons are used for ranges.
--
David Biddulph

"Joel" wrote in message
=COUNTIF((x12):(z12):(m12),3)

Adding the parethesis and colons make them individual cells and not a
range.

"Carmit" wrote:

i try to add formula of "count if". the range is not from cell x to cell
y,
but it is cell x, cell z & cell M, which are not sequential.