Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sam Sam is offline

Default Need help with a multiple criteria formula

I am working with a workbook with two worksheets. One worksheet has the
data, which can be refreshed changing number of data rows. The other
worksheet is a summary worksheet.

I am trying to match the data in two columns to bring back the results from
a third column. One of the formulas I have tried:
=if(and(B3=Detail!B2,C2=Detail!D2),Detail!E2,"")

I can get a "sum if" formula to work with one criteria, but I can't seem to
get the formula to work with two.

Example of Data:
Column B Column C Column D
001 123456 $1,234
001 234567 $956
001 XYZ123 $2,190
002 123456 $4,321
002 234567 $1,000
002 XYZ345 $5,321

I do not want to concatenate the columns as the data on the detail tab is
refreshed frequently and the number of rows may change.

Any suggestions?