Nanci

Thank you both so much! Now I don't have to look over the bosses shoulder
when he's trying to quote a product!

"Steve R" wrote:

Nanci

=(G6C66)*(G6<E46)*G46 + (G6C48)*(G6<E48)*G48

Let me try to explain:

You could use If() to construct a complex formula. You could also use the
fact that a boolean Result of true is equated as 1, whilst a boolean result
of false equates as 0.

The first part of you complex formula "If G636" multiplied by 1 will return
1 if True or 0 if false.
To check that a formula meets each of two sets of conditions is simply a
matter of multiplying the result of each side of the equation:
Let's assume (G6C66) is true and (G6<E46) is false.

The True side of the equation returns 1 and the false side returns 0. 1*0 =
0

Applying that logic to the first part of your equation:

If both sides are true:
=(G6C66)*(G6<E46)*G46
equates to
= 1 * 1 *G46

Applying the same logic to the 2nd half of the formula if G6 is not greater
than C48

=(G6C48)*(G6<E48)*G48
= 0 * 1 *G48

Now if you add both parts together, the return value will be the value in
G46

Hoping my explanation is understandable,
Steve

"Nanci" wrote in message
How (or can) I enter a formula that would do the following:

if G6 is C46 and <E46 then multiply by G46, but if G6 is C48 and <E48
then multiply by G48. I have five sets of ranges to include and five
different amounts to multiply by based on the number in G6. Example, if
G6
is between 800 and 2400 then multiply it by .254, if it's between 2401 and
5000 then multiply it by .234 and so on.

Thanks!
--
Nanci