Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
robert morris robert morris is offline

Default Excel 2007 very slow to open even the simplest worksheet

Martin,

This is some time later than your post, however I have just started with the
verrry slow opening of 2007 excel spreadsheets. I'm running xp with Office
2007 upgrade.
I searched Discussion groups and found your reply. My problem is; Try as I
may, I cannot locate Menu item FOLDER OPTIONS (forgive the shouting) Could
you possibly start me from the beginning? It appears your fix works for all
who are smarter than me in getting to the right church.

Thanks in advance

Bob

"Martin von Gagern" wrote:

Does http://martin.von-gagern.net/howtos/excel2007load help?
I wrote about this in another thread here, but I know many people only
monitor their own thread. Sorry for the duplicate to everyone else.

John wrote:
I have worksheets that only have from 1 to 7 rows and Excel 2007 takes
anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds to open these worksheets. I am running
Windows XP SP2
on a IBM/Lenova with 1 Gig of ram and a 3 Ghz processor.

Is there any setting I can change (or turn off) to speed this muther up?