Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ken Ken is offline

Default Restiction of cell value

I have three (3) cells into which a value (%) can be entered. A 4th cell will
be for the result of a calculation using either only one of those cells or
both of the other cells. For example: A1 or, A2 and A3 will have a percentage
to be calculated using the value in B1 and the result placed in B2. I want
to be able to insert a value in A1 and if so, restrict any value from being
placed in A2 & A3...and vice versa. Here is what I want to do as explained in
English. If A1 has a value, then multiply it by BI and place the result in
B2. If both A2 & A3 have a value, then multiply it by B1 and place the
result in B2. The problem is, I want to place a value only into A1 or only
into both A2 & A3 ! If A1 has a value, then I need to restrict any values
being placed in A2 & A3...and vice versa. Sorry for the long explanation.
Can anyone help?
--
Ken Michaels