Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve Steve is offline

Default Sum If based on a 3rd condition ?

Perfect. Worked like a charm.
Thanks to you both.

One last thing - what are the dashes in the formula ?

Tahnks,

Steve

"Toppers" wrote:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Data!$C2:$C1000=$D$2),--(Data!$E2:$E1000=1),Data!G2:G1000)

Unless you have XL2007 you cannot specify total columns with SUMPRODUCT.

HTH

"Steve" wrote:

I have this formula that is totaling all the hours in the G colum if the data
in the C column matches the criteria entered in cell D2.

=SUMIF(Data!$C:$C,$D$2,Data!G:G)
I would like to obtain the above results filtered as follows.
The E column has many 1s, 2s, or 3s in it.
What formula would produce, - the total hours meeting the above criterea
but also only when there is a 1 in the E column ?

Thanks,

Steve