Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
april april is offline

Default Linking data from various worksheets

Mick,
When you are in your second worksheet that you are filling info in to from
the master page. Click the cell you want the information to go to. Then
click the function button(the fx in front of the address bar) you can select
what type of data it should be. Then go to you master sheet and click the
cell that you want to fill in.
Click enter and the info should be shared. Save this work sheet if you want
to keep this as a templet for later.
--
April

"Mick Seamarks" wrote:

I have a master worksheet and column A contains a unique value for each
record. I need to be able to pick up values from other workbooks provided
there is an entry in the worksheet for the same unique value. For example A1
in worksheet 1 is 12345 and A1 in worksheet 2 is 12345 and I need to pick up
the entry from worksheet 2 column H (8).

I can do a VLOOKUP and confirm the there is a corresponding value in
worksheet 2 column 1 but how do I get the data item from worksheet 2 column 8?

Many thanks in advance