Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default Conditional Formatting - More than 3 conditions

This limit has been increased in Excel 2007. I'm not sure what the limit is,
but I've had more than 16 "rules" applied to a single cell.

And, actually, in older versions of Excel, it is not the conditions that are
limited to 3, it is the formats. By using the AND and OR functions, you can
have several conditions.

To get around this limit in Excel 2003 and earlier, you'd probably need to
us VB code.

HTH,
Elkar

"Madge" wrote:

Do Microsoft have any plans to expand the number of conditions available. 3
is very limiting. Alternatively, are there any work-arounds for something as
simple as a rota for several different activities, all of which need colour
coding? Thanks.