Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MGC MGC is offline

Default Code to Move Several Lines to Master Worksheet

Joel:

1.) All of the excel files are in the same folder. However, this folder
will be moved several times before it reaches it's final destination

2.) The information to be extracted will reside in different workbooks and
on tabs which will have different names

3.) The worksheets will be named differently depending upon the job...there
is no way I can change the names as the forms being used are used by many
people within our organization.

4.) I would like to copy entire rows (no columnar data)

5.) The name of the destination sheet is EntryMaster

6.) The number of rows to be copied will vary, but no more than
9...actually A60 to W68. The number copied will be dependent upon the data
within them If the cells which they are linked to were not used that day
(let's say 4 people didn't work), then only five ines would need to be
carried onto the EntryMaster tab (by the way, this resides in a workbook
named Timesheet Template.)

Hope this helps. If you need more info, please let me know. Thanks for
your help!

"Joel" wrote:

You need VBA macro code. Lots of people have the same request. I need more
details to help. You need tell me more information.

1) Are all the excel files in one directory or organized some other way?
2) Do you want get data from all workbooks in the directory or files with
cetain names?
3) What is the name of the worksheeet(s) you want to copy data from?
4) Do you want entire rows copied orjust some columns
5) What is the name of the detination worksheet(s) in the master workbook.
6) How do we identify the last row(s) of data that needs to be copied. Your
request says that you copy multiple rows. How many rows.

"MGC" wrote:

I am working with 30+ workbooks which contain timesheets (tabs) for every day
a job is worked in our plant. I have inserted rows at the bottom of the
timesheets which will gather the information from the timesheet above so that
this information can then be moved to the first blank row in a master sheet
in another workbook. I'm thinking there has to be an easier way than copying
and pasting the data each time. The number of lines to be moved will vary
from day to day. If anyone can help, it would be much appreciated!