Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Candace Candace is offline

Default Cell formatting

Thanks, Toppers. But is there any way to make it so that the parenthesis will
show whether data is entered or not. My users need this visual que to remind
them to look at the field/cell.

"Toppers" wrote:

try:

Format=Custom:

"(" @ ")"

The brackets will only appear when the data is entered.

HTH

"Candace" wrote:

Is it possible to format a cell such that it has a opening and closing
parenthesis? The cell is not for a number. Rather, if need be, my user will
enter an "X" in the cell. So when the user opens the Excel spreadsheet, the
cell should look like

( )

But if the user places an "x" in the field, then the cell should look like

( x )