Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Elkar Elkar is offline

Default divinding error

I'm guessing that you meant you're dividing G18 by H18 (not into). Since it
is impossible to divide any number by 0, that would explain why you're
getting an error if H18 = 0.

If you want to bypass this error, you need to figure out what you want to
have displayed instead of the error? Do you want 0? Or a blank? Something
else? Either way, an IF Statement might help. Something like:

=IF(ISERROR(G18/H18),0,G18/H18)

This will return 0 if G18/H18 results in an error.

HTH,
Elkar

"trinni" wrote:

hi there,

im doing simple division in excel 2003

I'm dividing Cell G18 into H18 (hoever H18 has a value of Zero). when i hit
enter it gives me this error message: #DIV/0!. can you please show me what
in need to do to bypass this erro message.

thanks
--
trinni