Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Minitman Minitman is offline

Default Formula To Use A Dynamic Named Ranges With VLOOKUP On Different Workbooks

Greetings,

I have two workbooks (wb1 and wb2). I have a named range on wb2
called MyList. It is 71 columns by 3000 rows on a sheet called
CustList. The dynamic named range is defined in the
InsertNameDefine window with this code:

=OFFSET(CustList!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA(CustList!$A:$BS), 71)

The formula I need is to get the value in the 2nd column of MyList on
wb2 when the value in $AI$2 on wb1 is the same as the entry in the 1st
column of MyList on wb2.

I can get this to work if MyList is in the same workbook as the
formula. I am trying to get rid of individual customer lists in favor
of a centralized list.

This is the code I use for getting the value from a customer sheet on
wb1:

=IF(AI2="","",VLOOKUP(AI2,MyList,2,FALSE))

This works until I tried to modify it like this:

=IF(AI2="","",VLOOKUP(AI2,wb2.xls!MyList,2,FALSE))

I really need to get the data from wb2 not wb1.

Any one have any ideas as to how to accomplish this?

TIA

-Minitman