Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Look-Up Capability

Maybe you could create a table with all the stuff you wanted (on that second
sheet).

Then use =vlookup() to retrieve the values you want.

Debra Dalgleish has lots of notes on =vlookup():

Tampa-Terry wrote:

I don't know the correct terminology, so i don't know how to look up what I'm
wanting to do.

I'd like to type a key word into a cell that pulls in a set of numbers from
a second worksheet. Example, I might type the word Broccoli in Column A.
Data from Sheet2 would insert 1 ounce into Column B and the grams of protein,
fat and carbs into Columns C, D and E ... assuming the data were in the
respective columns on Sheet 2.

Could someone tell me how I could pull numbers from one sheet into another
by typing a single word? All I need is a running head start on the
terminology and maybe an example.

--

Dave Peterson