Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] smduello@gmail.com is offline

Default Delete "CR" at the end of a number and make the # negative?

The program I am using is placing a "CR" at the end of every negative
number to denote that it is a "credit". This poses a problem when
using the data, as Excel won't recognize the number. I need to get/
write a macro that deletes the "CR" and makes the number negative. I
tried the "Left" commands in excel, but it won't work since you have
to specify how many numbers numbers are to the left and that changes
depending on the size of the number. Any ideas?