Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rrodriguezdiaz30 rrodriguezdiaz30 is offline

Default If formula within Vlookup

Fantastic. These work perfectly. Thank you both for your help.

Regards
Roberto

"Toppers" wrote:

=VLOOKUP($A2,INDIRECT(E1),2,0)

E1="Single" or "Married"

"Roberto" wrote:

I am working with a payroll spreadsheet. I would like to have vlookup choose
between two different tables to do a search. For example, for federal taxes
I have two tables, one for single and one for married. Instead of entering
"single" or "married" (the range names of my tables) in the actual formula, I
would like excel to lookup either or from a specific cell and act depending
of what is written on that cell (either "single" or "married"). The same
thing would go for the amount of allowances (which would be the column index
numbers.) I have tried writing the cell id, but excel gives me a "value"
error message. Would there be any possible solution out there? Thank you
very much.