Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bluepenguin Bluepenguin is offline

Default Ahh.. so frustrated - Web Query stopped working

Wondering if anyone came across a similar problem:

About a week ago, my automated web query decided to stop working, giving me
but the data is not available"

The query worked perfectly up until now, and I have not changed any Excel
settings. (Stranger still, it seems to do this to only certain sites,
including this one). I've rebuilt the query thinking that the website
changed, tested, re-tested and still, same error!

To give a bit of a background, I need to pull weather forecasts from
http://www.weather.com/weather/print/CAXX0504

I've scoured the net and seen similar messages - but seen no solutions...
I would be forever in gratitude for any pointers on this...

Update: I noticed something peculiar.. When I go to Internet Explorer and
try to use the "Edit" icon... it is disabled for weather.com! If we look at
say... theweathernetwork.com (another site i use) it is NOT. Is it possible
the site itself may be disabling the automatic data pulls?