Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jeff M Jeff M is offline

Default Formulas as comments

Tevuna:
CTRL+~ does not help. I need to take excerpt from my workbook and print them
out (including the comments) so that people can understand both the numbers
and the formulas that back them up. What I really need the formulas in the
comments fields.

I make extensive use of named fields so that the formulas make sense visually.

"Tevuna" wrote:

If your goal is visible formulas, don't bother
Press CRTL + ~ (tilde) to display formulas

"Jeff M" wrote:

I had a great add in for Excel 2000 & 2003 that I could click on a cell and
press CTRL+SHIFT+A and the formula from the cell would get put into the
comment for the cell, and the comment box would remain visible even when
another cell was highlighted.

Unfortunately the same add in does not work in 2007. As I have worksheets
with dozens of formulas it is not convenient to manually cut & paste the
formulas in.

I am looking for a macro, add in, etc that would allow me to do the
equivalent.

Thank you in advance!