Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default Linking a specific x/y position in a table (appended)

The term "Then" is used only in VBA code.
In a worksheet formula, "Then" is implied...

If("The cat is black", "Avoid It", "Feed It")...
-or-
If(True, do if true, do if false)

There are two separate help files, one for vba programming and
one for Excel. Look in the Excel Help file under "If Function".
Also, helpful advice here...
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/newposte.htm
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"TheMilkGuy"
wrote in message
Thanks Jim, vlookup works just fine!
My next issue is the if/then series of input variables... I have read
about IF, but there doesn't seem to be a THEN command.
If I have a drop-down box in cell A2 that has 3 variables, can an
formula be set up that will determine which data sheet will be used
based on the number selected in that A2 drop-down box?
IE: if A2=500, then use the "500" chart on Sheet3
Thanks!
Craig

On Aug 15, 6:58 am, "Jim Cone"
wrote:
Suggest you start with the VLookup function which will find a value
in a table column and return the value from another column.
It is explained in Excel help.