Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Sum single or duplicate rows with multiple criteria

As I said ... but we would need more info to be specific. Give an example of
the date/results.

--
HTH

Bob

"Lisa B" wrote in message
I have tried that but it would involve importing my whole cost code
library.
What I need is a formula that will grab duplicates and sum them. I went
ahead and merged the 3 cells in a text format but still have the $$ in a
separate cell. I know Excel can do it, I just don't know how to write the
formula.
--
Thanks for any help available..

Lisa B

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Probably something like

=SUMIF(Sheet!$A2:$A20,"Job1",Sheet2!$AC$2:$C20)

or maybe even

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet!$A2:$A20="Job1"),--(Sheet!$B2:$B20="Code1"),Sheet2!$AC$2:$C20)

but we would need more info to be specific. Give an example of the
date/results.

--
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Lisa B" wrote in message
I am in construction and deal with expense reports from field employees.
We
are trying to automate all to ease data entry of multiple line items
containg
the same data. Worksheet 1 is the field data entry sheet. Worksheet 2
would
be the Print sheet that fills in and calculates from sheet 1. Trouble
is
the
finding the formula to fill in the "Summary" box on sheet 2 by looking
at
all
single or multiple cells that contain the same data on sheet 1. Because
there
are multiple jobs and codes, I want it to find and sum a combination of
3
cells of text (job numbers and codes) and sum a different cell on the
same
row without having to list our entire job, phase & category library.