Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Formatting/calculations question

Formatting does not change the values in the cells - merely how they
are displayed. So why don't you apply a format of 2dp to all of the
cells except for the total?

I presume you meant that 1266.128 becomes 1266.13 and not 1226.13.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 15, 10:36 am, Charlotte Howard
wrote:
Hello,

I would like to be able to round the data in the table below to 2dp, this
however, can throw the calculations out for the totals. Is there any way
that I can have the cell display only 2dp, but the calculations be preformed
on the entire figure?

In the example below, the total figure is 1266.128 - if I format cells to
show 2dp, it changes to 1226.13,

I am using Excel 2003.

A2 B2 C2
TV 3% of TV 8.5% of TV A2-B2-C2