Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tamz33 tamz33 is offline

Default VLOOKUP and multiple matches

Thank you!
What would be my criteria (example) be?

"T. Valko" wrote:

You can try something like this:

=IF(COUNTIF(zip_code_range,zip_code)1,"Error",VLO OKUP(...................))

Note that if the zip code doesn't exist at all the VLOOKUP function will
return #N/A.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"tamz33" wrote in message
Hello,

I have two tables - one with dealer numbers and zip codes (TABLE 1) and
one
with zip codes and several other columns (TABLE 2). I am trying to compare
the two tables to get my dealer number to match on table 2. The problem I
am
having is that some of the zip codes on table 1 have multiple dealer
numbers
associated with it. Is there someway to get VLOOKUP to give me an error
message if there is more than one exact match?

I am in desperate need of help!!