Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Text in 2007

It occurs in xl2003, xl2002, xl2k, xl97, too.

No problem with xl95, though <bg.

(xl97 was the first version that allowed almost 32k characters in a cell.)

LindaC wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Just wondered if it was a problem in conversion from
2003. It says text when first converted but as soon as you add something the
symbols come it.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You sure it isn't ######## that you see?

I usually change the format to General, but anything but Text should work.

My solution is very similar to yours.

LindaC wrote:

I am working on a spreadsheet that was created in 2003 that has text in a
cell. Everything (formula's, etc) is working great except for any cells that
were "text". They show as ***************. I have to change it to special
and then the text is displayed. Any solutions or knowledge would be
appreciated. Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

--