Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Thomlinson Jim Thomlinson is offline

Default Usings Text fields in a Pivot Table

From your limited description a pivot table could be a viable option. Pivot
Tables are designed to aggregate (Sum, count, average) large amounts of data
into a heirarchy.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

" wrote:

I have a large amount of data that I want to use in a pivot table.

I want to sort by a field based on status. But I need each client
matched up to their representative, address, and a bunch of other
fields inc. amount. Would a pivot table be the right tool?

I want it to update when something is added to a master sheet.